Not as hard as it seems. Really, I was surprised at how tasty it was considering I made it, and I’m bad at meat.
Lamb and Carrot Ragu
Inspired by a brunch I had somewhere in North Melbourne, but the recipe is mine
4 pieces round lamb bone chops – it has to be something with a bit of bone in it
8 tomatoes, chopped
2 carrots, diced small
1 red onion, chopped
5-7 cloves garlic, chopped
1.5 tablesp tomato paste
1 tablesp balsamic vinegar
1/2 teasp cumin seeds
3 bay leaves
1/2 teasp black pepper
Salt and sugar to taste
A pressure cooker
- Brown onion and garlic in some oil. Add the cumin seeds.
- While while that’s browning, chop the carrots. Then add the carrots.
- Same for the tomato – while the carrot browns, chop the tomato. Then add the tomato and a little salt.
- Mix it around and then close the pressure cooker lid. Pressure cook on high for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Clean the excess fat off the lamb. Open the pressure cooker (quick release), then add the lamb, tomato paste, black pepper, balsamic vinegar, and bay leaves.
- Close the pressure cooker, and cook on high for around an hour.
- Open the pressure cooker (quick release), then boil off the excess water until the sauce thickens. Taste and adjust the salt and sugar as needed.
- Serve over some small size pasta 🙂